Recent Posts

Monday, April 12, 2010

Hey Guys, It's Spring!

Hey, so remember those 2 months I didn't blog? Let's forget that ever happened and start fresh. Like spring fresh. Because spring is here, and when the temps are above zero I actually venture outside and wander around town sometimes!

Yesterday, my main squeeze and I tried out the Arepa Cafe, a new spot pretty close to our pad. Well, to be honest he was all about trying it and I was really skeptical (I'm not the most adventurous when it comes to food, but I'm trying!). Good thing I stopped being an idiot and relented, because it was delicious! And the decor (which is almost as important - to me, anyway) was totally my style. Good food, good vibes - and excellent staff, despite this dude's reaction to me taking his picture:

Really nice guy who happened to bust me pointing my phone at him while I thought I was being stealth

I love the look of this place - really open and modern, with brick walls making it feel kind of cozy. Oh yeah, and the food is SO GOOD. I'm definitely no foodie and I'm still not sure what an arepa actually is, but the inside has burrito-like stuff (mine had beef, cheese, avocado and tomato) sandwiched with 2 thick cornmeal-like patties. Oh man, I'm the worst at describing food. Here's what mine looked like:

I probably should've taken a picture with it open-faced

Here's Glenn tearing into his soup, which was also delicious:


Expect a lot more pictures of us eating food, because now that I've become addicted to the awesome iPhone photography apps I've downloaded (ShakeItPhoto and Hipstamatic) I actually like taking pictures again. Kind of sad that the digital camera I've owned for years will remain dusty and unused, but such is life. Maybe in 10 or 20 years low-megapixel digital cameras will become cool again like the recent Polaroid craze, but until then I'm sticking with the phone.

Until next time...


Enjoy this beautiful spring weather with a refreshing can of Coke!

2 comments:

cara said...

Gorgeous pictures!!!!

Liv said...

Thanks man! That phone can do some amazing things.

Post a Comment