Recent Posts

Friday, June 11, 2010

Lake Huron, I Love You

To combat my jealousy over Glenn spending 2 fabulous weeks eating his way through Italy, I thought I'd treat myself to a mini vacation of my own. Destination: my hometown.

Sarnia and I have had a somewhat tortured relationship over the years {especially the teen years}, but as I grow older my fondness for my hometown grows as well. And Lake Huron? The Greatest of the Lakes.


All of these photos below were taken on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app {love that vintage feel} in my dad's backyard, a.k.a. one of my favorite places in the whole wide world.
My dad bought this house from my grandparents who had lived here for at least 25 years before moving to Toronto a few years ago, so I've been lucky enough to have access to this beautiful beach my entire life.

Purple Martin birdhouse. And that land on the horizon? AMERICA!






Ahhhhhh...the lush blues and greens of summer. I plan on many rolls down that hill on my next visit.

God, I love this place. T-minus 27 days until my return, gang in tow, to wreak some Bayfest havoc and I. Can't. Wait.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pics! Sarnia has become one of my favourite places since my friend moved there. People never believe me when I tell them how great it can be - their loss!

Rachael said...

This makes me wish the summer was longer so we could go again.
Best weekend ever!

Post a Comment