Recent Posts

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Let's go to the Movies!

It's been almost a WEEK since my first post? Man, I suck. Well, while I haven't been posting, I've been checking out film title cards I found on this awesome website.

Here are some of my faves:













I've always been a sucker for bright colors, and these ones above definitely pop. More than that, they sum up the mood of their respective films so well. Admittedly, some of these come from my favorite movies, but even the ones I've never seen tell me a lot just based on the artwork in the title cards. And they're so pretty!

I think the ones below, even though they're much simpler, are just as powerful. Sometimes a distinctive font says it all:
















I just died and went to type heaven. The Virgin Suicides might just be my favorite.

Of course, there's nothing like classic black & white:













{All images are from the Movie Title Stills Collection}

I could go on and on about these all day, but I'll probably work on my style school homework and watch more of this instead:



Not exactly inspirational, but so, so trashy. It's a fine balance.

1 comments:

cara said...

i LOVE THIS!!! now, next project should be to acquire the rights to most of these title cards in order to make t-shirts out of them.

Post a Comment